- All fields on the registration forms must be filled out and accurate. Organizer is not responsible for any incorrect information of the race kit as filling out during registration
- Lao citizen applicant requires to fill in his/her valid Lao Passport/Lao identification/family book numbers
- Foreigner applicant requires a valid passport number in the application
- Expat applicant requires to fill in his/her valid working permit number
- Organizer reserves the right to cancel duplication registration
- Organizer reserves the right to cancel (or force cancellation) of any applicant’s has been diagnose with critical health/medical issued by the medical committee for not being suitable to attend the race
- The Vientiane International Half Marathon is organized by Events for Good (EFG) in accordance with these rules and regulations applicable to the participants, which can be found at www.vientianemarathon.com (the Official Website)
- Completion of the online registration form confirms the participant’s agreement to abide by these rules and regulations
- Registration for the race is only confirmed upon payment and issuance of a race identification number.
- Participants agreed to provide true, accurate, current and complete information about the participant as per registration form.
- Once registration is completed no change to registration detail however (exemption would only be made for crucial details such as: emergency contact person.
- There will be no fee refund if the event is canceled for whatsoever reason.
- Organizers have all the right to use photos and videos of participants for commercial purposes.
- All media rights reserve to organizer, EFG.
- Whilst reasonable precaution will be taken by EFG to ensure the Participants’ safety, the participants takes part in VIHM at his or her own risk. EFG, Event Sponsors or Co-Sponsors shall not be responsible or held liable for any injury or death howsoever arising from training for or during participation in the race. Participants are encouraged to go for a medical examination and / or consult their medical practitioner prior to registration and before the actual race day.
- A Participant must retire from the race immediately if required to do so by any member of the official medical staff, race director, referee and / or security officer.
- Pets, bicycles, in-line skates, prams, push carts, shoes with built-in or attached rollers and any other wheel-run objects are not allowed on the race route. Only official race and medical vehicles are allowed on the race route.
- EFG reserves the right to use any photographs, motion pictures, recording, or any other media records (including those displaying the participant) of the VIHM for any legitimate purpose, including commercial advertising.
- EFG reserves the right to limit and / or refuse race entries without assigning any reason.
- EFG reserves the right to cancel any race category without prior notice to the participants
- EFG will not entertain nor be in any way responsible for any disputes arising from incomplete entry details.
- The race route will be shared during the race, up to 06:30 Hrs. Beyond 06:30 Hours cut off mark, the road will be fully reopened to live traffic. More information will be available on the Official Website.
- The organizers not recommended the competitors in the Full Marathon, Half Marathon and Mini Marathon to drink water, mineral water and the other food accept the prepare by VIHM racing staff.
- After registration, there will be no fee refund for a Participant who does not eventually take part in the VIHM, for any reason whatsoever.
- A participant is strictly NOT ALLOWED to transfer his or her race entry to another party
- A participant who does not start within 30 minutes from his or her respective flag off point will be disqualified and for safety reasons, may not be allowed to start.
- Change of race categories are allowed until 25th March 2023
- To participate in the Half Marathon (21 km) participants must be 16 years or above on the race day
- To participate in Mini Marathon (10 km) participants must be 12 years or above on the race day.
- Any participant below the age of 16 is required to seek parental /guardian consent and complete the relevant indemnity and declaration forms when registering online or in person.
- Half Marathon (21 kM) – 3 hours 30 min cut-off
- Mini Marathon (10 kM) – 2 hours cut-off
- Fun Run (5 km) – 1 hour cut-off
- Each participant is allowed only one prize-money award.
- All eligible winners must identify themselves by contacting organizer staffs at the Award area within 30 minutes after finishing the race. The organizer reserves the right to disqualify any ward due to runners’ failure to check-in within the given time.
- Winners must present their ID card or passport to verify the identity (No copy allow)
- Overall category winners can be any nationality
- Awards only allowed one category, winners cannot claim Overall Category and Age Category
- Runners must wear their own race bib numbers in visible place which is in front of their running attire throughout the race and have passed all the check points.
- EFG reserves the right to replace any winner if he or she is found to be disqualified
- · All prizes not claimed within 1 hour will be forfeited and EFG will be at liberty redistribute or dispose of them accordingly.
- The “Gun Time” will be considered to determine the winners for all categories.
- Prizes for the Half Marathon (21 km) and Mini Marathon (10km) are:
- Women’s General (1-5 place)
- Men’s General (1-5 Place)
- Age category (1-5 Place) – Male and Female
- 1-5 place of each age category will award trophy
- Organizer reserves the right to any prizes for the following misconducts
- Winner’s identification does not match the application data (full name, age, and sex or nationality)
- Runner’s bib number cannot be seen for any reason during the race
- Runner’s bib numbers have wrong age group or any reason(s) that make it impossible to determine the race categories or age group
Race Entry Pack Collection
- All participants must collect their race entry pack (NOT ALLOW TO PICK UP RACE KIT ON SOMEONE’S BEHALF) which includes the race bib, timing chip, Event T-shirt, the pre-race registration on 24th & 25th March 2023 (10 am to 6 pm) at the Entry Pack Collection Location during the collection period, of which detail will be stated on the Official Website. If participants are unable to collect their Race Entry Pack in person, they may empower a duly authorized representative in accordance with the procedure detailed on the Official Website.
- Late collection will not be entertained and EFG shall not be liable for any other loss or inconvenience caused, due to participants’ inability to collect their Race Entry Pack. Race Entry Pack not collected after the collection date will be deemed as properly of (EFG) the organizer, who reserves the rights to dispose or distribute them accordingly.
- All Participants who successfully complete the race in their selected category will be awarded a Finisher’s Medal upon the presentation of their race bib to the organizer
- All participants who successfully complete the race in their category will be awarded an e-Certificate of Participation. The e-Certificate will be made available on the official website from 30 March 2023.